Rope AccessIRATA approved multi-discipline rope access services
Abfad Limited - Rope Access Specialists
Abfad Limited has been at the forefront of rope access systems since 1996, supplying trade experienced rope access specialist personnel for working at height in all industries.
The use of rope access offers many advantages for the client and is the reason it has become the number one means of access in many industries, both offshore and onshore. It allows a wide range of work to be carried out on difficult to reach locations.
Rope access is widely recognised as the best system for completing work quickly and safely. Work can often be carried out without disruption to other operations nearby.
Rope access specialist personnel
The combination of costs plus the total man-hours and man-at-risk hours – the level of risk for a particular task – is greatly reduced in comparison to other access systems.
Abfad uses specialist skilled workers who are, not only, fully rope access trained, but also capable of performing the task required of them once in place. This ensures the highest standards of work practice for any given project.
Patented Magnet System
Where particularly difficult access conditions exist, such as the external hull of a ship, we have developed a Magnetic Positioning Aid. This allows the rope access specialist to secure themselves in a workable position.
Constructed from 316L stainless steel and rare earth magnets, the Magnetic Positioning Aid allows the rope access specialist to perform any work task, such as blasting, spraying or mechanical work, with confidence and precision. Usually, the rope access specialist would be pushed away from the working surface when performing such tasks but the Magnetic Positioning Aid allows these forces to be counteracted.
We are full members of IRATA, the rope access trade body, and all of our rope technicians are fully IRATA trained. IRATA is recognised as the leading authority on rope access worldwide with over 350 member companies.
Emergency safety and rescue cover
We understand the dangers involved when working at height or within confined spaces. For this reason, our rope access personnel are trained and qualified to provide safety cover and emergency rescue.
We provide rope rescue teams and confined space rescue teams to allow your personnel to carry out any required work at height or within confined spaces safely.
Over 20+ years of successful projects
We have undertaken many projects in our 20+ years of operation; including many for high profile blue-chip companies. These include:
- Innovative rope access services for external and internal structures at height including stacks, chimneys, boiler house and turbine roofs, marine vessels, semi-submersibles, bridges, high rise structures and buildings.
- High-level maintenance for power stations, refineries, and heavy industry.
- Storm-damaged roof repairs and replacement work to major projects.
- High-level welding and coating work during construction of the new Wembley Stadium.
- Work on the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.
- Repainting the historic Transporter Bridge in Middlesbrough.
- Refurbishing offshore wind turbine exterior areas of the first commercial offshore wind farm at Scroby Sands, Great Yarmouth.
- Refurbishing, repair, and removal of offshore met masts.
- Coating and refurbishment of the World’s first iron-hulled warship, HMS Warrior 1860.
- And many more projects to date.