Rope AccessIRATA approved multi-discipline rope access services
Abfad Limited - Rope Access Specialists
Abfad Limited have been at the forefront of Rope Access systems since 1996, supplying trade-experienced rope access personnel for working at height in all industries. Using rope access methods offers significant advantages; deploying the system means that workers can get to and from difficult locations and then carry out their work safely and quickly, often without affecting or interrupting other operations being carried out nearby. In addition the combination of costs plus the total man-hours and the man-at-risk hours – the level of risk for a particular task – is greatly reduced in comparison to other access systems. Abfad use only specialist trade-skilled workers who are fully rope-access trained to ensure the highest standards of work practice for any given project and where particularly difficult access conditions exist, the company have developed a patented rare-earth magnet securing system that enables the tradesmen to precisely secure their working position in relation to the job at hand. This system has proven invaluable when working on wind turbines and the external hulls of ocean-going vessels.
The types of project undertaken by Abfad Ltd have included many high profile jobs for Blue-chip companies such as:
- Innovative rope access services for external and internal structures at height, including Stacks, Chimneys Boiler House & Turbine Roofs, Marine Vessels, Semi-Submersibles, Bridges, High Rise Structures and Buildings.
- High level maintenance for Power Stations / Refineries / Heavy Industry.
- Storm damaged roof repairs and replacement work to major projects, including welding and coating high level steel work during construction of the New Wembley Stadium.
- Work on the Millennium Stadium at Cardiff.
- Repainting the historic Transporter Bridge at Middlesbrough.
- Refurbishing the Wind Turbine exteriors at Yarmouth.
- Coating and refurbishment of masts, yard arms, funnels, bowsprit and propeller on the Worlds first iron hulled warship, HMS Warrior.
- Many more too numerous to mention.