About UsABFAD Ltd is devoted to providing clients with quality trade services and reliability
We are experts in the areas of Storage Tank Lining and Industrial Rope Access. Experienced in onshore and offshore oil and gas, construction, maintenance and corrosion control projects. We offer a broad range of services delivered in an innovative way.
Our main services:
- We apply specialist solvent-free resins to provide corrosion protection to storage tanks and other valuable assets.
- FUELVAC® solvent free double skin tank lining system with 24/7 class 1 vacuum pressure leak detection monitoring. FUELVAC® can be installed in above ground and below ground storage tanks of any size. It is quick to install, uses solvent-free products throughout, and is fully proven and effective.
- We supply experienced rope access personnel for working at height in all industries.
*Definition of rope access – Rope access is a form of work positioning which applies practical rope work to allow technicians to access difficult-to-reach locations without the use of scaffolding, cradles or an aerial work platform. Rope access technicians descend, ascend, and traverse ropes for access to work while suspended by a harness or a work seat.
- PIPEVAC® pipeline protection system provides a vacuum monitored defence against pipeline corrosion and allows for 24/7 monitoring.
- We manufacture and supply a Magnetic Positioning Aid device. This allows rope access technician’s to securely lock and anchor themselves into place on any ferrous structure. Giving the stability needed to carry out a variety of work tasks unimpeded.
* Newton’s third law of motion – “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction” – This can be witnessed when performing work whilst suspended by a rope. The force applied by the work activity pushes the rope technician away from the working surface.
Abfad have been providing innovative solutions for over 20 years
Established in 1996, we are an innovative company and pride ourselves on providing solutions for clients and industries with major problems. We are based in Tyne and Wear, North East England and work throughout the UK.
Abfad has been at the forefront of new developments and applications throughout our time in business. For instance, we have continuously improved our FUELVAC® double skin lining system since its development and it now stands as probably the most environmentally friendly tank lining system on the market.
Safety is our highest priority
Here at Abfad one of our highest priorities is the safety of our personnel, the public and the environment. This has been one of the main drivers of our choice to use solvent-free coatings without volatile organic compounds (VOC’s).
Using solvent-free coatings ensures long-term protection of our client’s assets. They also help to protect our personnel, the public and the environment from dangerous fumes which can cause health issues.
As our client you will receive a professional and thorough service – there’s a reason clients work with us time and time again – and our team of friendly, skilled and proficient specialists will ensure that work is carried out safely, on-time and to specification.
ABFAD LTD. have held the specialist access contract at E.ON Connah’s Quay Power Station since March 1998. During this period Abfad’s range of disciplines has increased from the initial rope access work contract, and now carry out various duties including – General steel fabrication, welding/grinding, NDT inspections, specialist coatings, painting, blast cleaning/specialist preparation, general cleaning, roof repairs, lagging/insulation.
The expansion in Abfad’s site duties, and the continuation of their contract renewal has been possible due to the extremely high standards of workmanship and an unblemished safety record, which has enabled them to successfully tender for work on other E.ON sites.
I can without hesitation, recommend Abfad for any site duties that fall within their expanding company profile.Sean W